From history of the company
Foundations of mechanical engineering in joint-stock company ZTS Sabinov were laid in 1957. Until 1957, District industrial combine associating diverse handicraft manufacture of small plants, which originated from former private workshops, was operating in Sabinov. In order to improve level of individual activities, regional partnerships of local granges were created. In such manner, locksmith and car repair shop activities were included in Kovospracujúci podnik KNV Prešov (metal-working partnership Prešov) and a plant was established in Sabinov.
The beginnings were rather difficult. Production programme consisted of manufacture of various kinds of gates, fencing and major repairs of cargo vehicles. Stepwise, the production programme started to change at transition to batch production. Now it is necessary to mention namely tedder VERTEX, various kinds of temperers, FEKA pumps and the first export product – motor cart MV 250. With gradual increase of this production, the plant was losing its local industry nature and was increasingly approaching machine engineering plant by its production scheme and work flow organization.
Hence, in order to work out men employment in Nothern part of Prešov district, the company gets included into the national enterprise Agrostroj Prostějov as of January 1st, 1966. Here, the new history of this factory starts. The plant started to produce agricultural equipment as grubers, various kinds of soil stabilizers etc. However, it was a short period and as of January 1st, 1969, further delimitation occurs, when the plant passes in sphere of authority of the national enterprise VSS Košice. Production of agricultural equipment is finished and new products are launched. This concerns namely introduction of production of tank trailers, CN 22 chassis and partly of smaller types of transmission cases. Throughout the year 1974, production of transmission cases becomes supporting production programme and production of sheet metal folders, as well, however, to a minor extent. Analogous composition of production range persists until today, only with small alternations.
For the staff of the factory, the year 1977 was substantial due to the fact that cornerstone for finishing of the new factory construction had been laid. In the year 1983, construction of this factory was finished, whereby working conditions of employees were substantially improved.
Further period of the history of the factory is post-delimitation period
May 1th, 1990 the company detached from the plant ZTS Košice and a combine plant ZTS Sabinov, combine ZTS Martin was created.
On July 1st, 1990 the combine ZTS Martin was split and national enterprise ZTS Sabinov was created.
On May 1st, 1992 the organization ZTS Sabinov, joint-stock company was established by the National Property Fund of the Slovak republic Bratislava, which took over the production programme from the national enterprise.
May 1st, 2000 economic rent of the foundry Hronec - plant ZTS Sabinov, a.s.
October 1st, 2001 the company ZLH, a.s. , 083 30 Sabinov, plant Hronec is established that operates as a self-contained company.